Wednesday, February 1, 2012

You wanna see our engagement photos? Well, we got em!

Flashback...
This is me:


In these pictures I am almost two years old. I'm not sure if you can tell, but in the picture on the left I have candy in my mouth. That's because in the picture on the right I am crying. That's because I was absolutely miserable. (On a side note, I was stinkin' cute, wasn't I?)

I have never enjoyed getting my picture taken. This is a trend that clearly started early. An overwhelming majority of my childhood memories of me being grumpy or in a really bad mood involved family picture taking sessions. I'm not sure where my frustration with this came from but it's something that I continue to deal with even now.

Flash forward...

Nobody ever told me that part of getting married meant hours and hours of picture taking. This is probably common sense for most people. I guess I'll have to blame it on growing up in a house full of boys because I was blindsided. 

Enough complaining...
Okay, that's enough of me being a diva. The truth is, it was a pretty nice day. I got the be with the girl I love... There was lots and lots of kissing... It was tough work, but our photographer Elisabeth Kate did a really great job, and I didn't want to pull my hair out the whole time.

Also, did I mention? ...I'm marrying an ANGEL!! 



I'll stop babbling. The short of it is this: as much as I complain about picture-taking, it was a really good experience. I love Macy, and I think these pictures are great.

Enjoy:








We were FREEZING right here! It
was so cold outside our eyes were
watering... I mean icicle-ing.
                     










Tough work, I know...
Um... You probably won't see this one on
our wedding invitation. :)

Again Fuh. Reez. Ing.



Thanks for looking through these with us! We had a great time and were really happy with the pictures. Full disclosure -- I still hope there aren't too many 3-hour-plus photo shoots in my near future, but now I'm glad we've got these pictures to enjoy.

-Brad

PS: On the top of the page you'll see a couple buttons. One of them (is somewhat hidden, but says:) "Follow". Click it! The other one says "Share". Feel free to click that one too. More great stories are on the way!

PSS: ... and feel free to leave comments to let us know what you think :)

7 comments:

  1. ACK. love them all. P.S. that is/was my pink dress. which makes me really happy. so basically I was a part of your engagements....*squeal*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! I love the ice cream shop pictures! Macy is beautiful. I have to say my favorite pics are the two of you at the top. I remember you coming to our house a lot when you were that age. You would wait at the front door --looking out the window-- watching for me to come home from school. Cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I remember doing that! Oh man... Remember the good old days when my family lived in North Salt Lake and you guys were only just a few miles from us? Do you live in Rexburg now?

      Delete
  3. Love the photos. My favorite is the one of FOXY MACY, right below "marrying an angel". By the way, that is true. Congrats to both of you and welcome to the family Brad. We are really glad to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! Did they tell you that I also have an aunt Anne Brown who lives in Mesa?

      Delete
  4. Great pics!! Thanks for sharing them. Macy is beautiful Brad, good choice! Love her hair color, but I am kind of partial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Burlene! I appreciate it :) Macy and I are having a blast together :)

      I also am a big fan of her hair color... but I'm not in the club like you guys.

      Delete